Skip to main content


We have a range of relationships in our lives that can sometimes overwhelm us. This page covers support available for some of the different situations we may find ourselves in.

Relationships support

Changes in relationships are quite common and fall outs do happen. It’s important that you know where to turn for help and how to resolve any issues. Take a look at some the information leaflets below:

Reducing parental conflict

Conflict and arguments between adults in a family can be harmful to children when it’s frequent and not resolved. This doesn’t mean that adults can’t argue - arguing can sometimes be a normal part of healthy relationships, if both people can compromise and solve problems together.

The main thing is learning how to communicate and argue better. Children who see their parents and carers arguing well, learn problem solving skills of their own. 

Warwickshire County Council
Support and advice is available with conflict resolution
See it differently

5 short videos (3-4 minutes) showing different conflict scenarios and how they can be addressed.

 See it differently videos

Relation Kit

A series of 5 videos on meeting needs, working together, saying sorry, watching words and passing on messages.

 Relation Kit videos

Family Help

Reducing parental conflict support is also available from Leicestershire County Council. 

 Family Help | Leicestershire County Council

Neighbour disputes

If you live near noisy neighbours, barking dogs, loud music etc., it can affect your mental health and wellbeing, especially when it’s continuous.

The best way, if you feel comfortable, is to speak to your neighbour. However, if this isn’t an option, your local borough or district council can support you:

Support within your area

Information and support for anti-social behaviour and neighbour noise issues. Search the Blaby District Council website for neighbour dispute for a useful document on Community safety and how to tackle nuisance neighbours.

 Vandalism and behaviour

Oadby and Wigston

A list of statutory nuisances and what you can do about them.

 Statutory nuisances


Main contact us page for Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council.

 Contact us

North West Leicestershire

Community safety at North West Leicestershire District Council.

 Community safety


Neighbour disputes and what to do in Charnwood.

 Neighbour disputes


Report a problem to Melton Borough Council.

 Report a problem 


Anti-social behaviour and how you can report it.

 Anti-social behaviour

When someone dies

There’s no right or wrong way to feel when someone close to you dies. It’s important to know that help is available if you need someone to talk to.

Family and friends are often the best people to turn to. Most schools also have pastoral teams that can support your child with issues during this difficult time.

Support and advice is available
Cruse Bereavement Service

Provides bereavement and grief support.

 About Cruse

Top of page